|11.30 – 13.00||Session 6: Intelligent exploration – improving mine discovery efficiency||Sary Arka Hall 1|
|· Going deep – use of 4th generation ground-scanning of geological structures.
· Mobile analytical geochemical laboratories – savings time and money of geological exploration.
· Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in magnetic survey.
· Present and future of satellite imaging in geological exploration.
· Precision drilling – new technologies.
· Increasing orebody value – bridging the gap between geology and metallurgy.
|Moderator: Che Osmond, Technical Director, Wardell Armstrong International Ltd|
|11:30||Modern Advances in Mineral Exploration – Leveraging Technology in the Discovery of New Deposits.
JAMES GILBERTSON, Principal Exploration Geologist, SRK Exploration Services
|11:45||Intelligent Exploration – Going Deeper with IP and EM
CHRIS NIND, Vice President – Business Development, Abitibi Geophysics / AGT / Nomad Geo Services
|12:00||Geochemical Exploration for Buried Deposits.
RUSSELL BIRRELL, Principal Geochemist, GLOBEX Solutions
|12:15||Geometallurgy – Introduction to a cross-discipline approach to mineral project evaluation.
Che Osmond, Technical Director, Wardell Armstrong International Ltd
|12:30||Examples of the use of Geotech airborne geophysical technologies in the exploration and study of various mineral deposits.
Timur Karsenov, Deputy director, “KazGeoTech” LLP
|12:45||Forecasting of sulphide mineralisation based on the results of electromagnetic sensing and induced polarisation
Yuri Davydenko, CEO, Gelios