Currently in the CIS countries, there is a significant number of state-licensed deposits that are not being developed. In many respects, insufficient financing causes this situation. Investors are slow to invest in the mining sector, and license holders do not have a systematic approach to attracting investments. At the heart of this problem is the lack of a “common language” and, as a result, luck of understanding between license holders and potential investors.
Every start-up project, be it the development of a new deposit or implementation of innovative idea entails high risks. According to the statistics, a very small number of start-up projects succeeds at building a successful business model and becoming a profitable enterprise. The two most common causes of failure are obvious: lack of buyers or funds. Most start-ups have limited access to experts, financiers or investors. Many have little or no skills in preparing marketing presentation. To help subsoil users the organisers of the MINEX Central Asia Forum created MineVenture – an international competition of start-up mining and technology projects.
The 3rd mining venture projects accelerator competition.
The main goal of MineVenture is to select promising projects and provide the subsoil users, potential investors and independent consultants with a platform for discussing the ways for bringing these projects to the implementation level.
Subsoil users raising finance for mining projects are invited to pitch investors at the MineVenture business accelerator session.
All projects must be submitted for review by 15 March. Submit presentation proposal here
Investors and financiers looking for new projects in Central Asia are invited to contact the Forum organisers to discuss potential participation in the MineVenture and organisation of one-on-one introductions.
Who can participate?
Participation is open to applicants who own rights for the subsoil use in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
How much does it cost?
Presentation at MineVenture + Forum delegate place + Gala Dinner pass = 330,000 KZT / 995 USD
Presentation at MineVenture + Forum delegate place = 300,000 KZT / 900 USD
Presentation at MineVenture, no participation in Forum = 170,000 KZT / 500 USD
Application and forum registration must be submitted no later than 15 March
Participant package includes the following benefits:
– Ability to present up to 3 projects (duration of each presentation should not exceed 20 minutes)
– One pass to the Forum, evening receptions and gala dinner
– Publication of presenter’s profile in the forum catalogue and website.
– The use of the conference room, equipped with a screen, a projector, a sound system and simultaneous translation into English.
– Video recording of the presentation
– Publication of the project in the post-event report
What subsoil users gain by participating in MineVenture competition?
- You will have an opportunity to attract attention of potential investors, financiers and business angels to your project.
- You will to receive advice and professional coaching from seasoned investors and leading experts.
- You will be able to dissiminate information about your project and receive feedback from professional audience attending the Forum.
- Successful projects will be nominated for MineVenture awards and listed in the Forum special report
How it works?
Forum participants will be able to present their projects to a group of experts at the MineVenture session of the forum. The session will take place on 19 April at the Radisson Hotel in Astana.
The expert group will consist of professional investors, financiers, CEO’s and COOs of leading mining companies.
The MineVenture session audience will consist of the Forum participants, exhibition visitors and media.
At the session experts will question presenters and determine the completion winners.
Project presentations will be broadcasted live online at the forum website and will afterwards published on the official MINEX YouTube channel.
The winners will be presented with the Diplomas and prises at the award ceremony organised during the Gala dinner.