MineVenture – A competition of start-up mining and technology projects
Prospecting and exploration
Projects for the study and exploration of mineral deposits in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
Breakthrough technology and innovation
Modernisation or development of new technology or equipment for the discovery, extraction, enrichment and processing of ores and minerals.
New technology for improving production efficiency or reducing costs.
Every start-up project, be it the development of a new deposit or implementation of innovative idea entails high risks. According to the statistics, a very small number of start-up projects succeeds at building a successful business model and becoming a profitable enterprise. The two most common causes of failure are obvious: lack of buyers or funds. Most start-ups have limited access to experts, financiers or investors. Many have little or no skills in preparing marketing presentation.
To help entrepreneurs and innovators, the organisers of the MINEX Central Asia Forum created MineVenture – an international competition of start-up mining and technology projects.
What do you gain by participating in MineVenture competition?
- You will have an opportunity to attract attention of potential investors, financiers and business angels to your project.
- You will to receive advice and professional coaching from seasoned investors and leading experts.
- You will be able to dissiminate information about your project and receive feedback from professional audience attending the Forum.
- Successful projects will be nominated for MineVenture awards and listed in the Forum special report
How it works?
Forum participants will be able to present their projects to a group of experts at the MineVenture session of the forum. The session will take place on 20 April at the Radisson Hotel in Astana.
The expert group will consist of professional investors, financiers, CEO’s and COOs of leading mining companies.
The MineVenture session audience will consist of the Forum participants, exhibition visitors and media.
At the session experts will question presenters and determine the completion winners.
Project presentations will be broadcasted live online at the forum website and will afterwards published on the official MINEX YouTube channel.
The winners will be presented with the Diplomas and prises at the award ceremony organised during the Gala dinner.
Who can participate?
Prospecting and exploration
Participation is open to applicants who own rights for the subsoil use in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
Production and Breakthrough technology and Innovation
Participation is open to applicants offering technologies for implementation in the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
How much does it cost?
Participant package costs $ 750 USD or 200 000 KZT
Application and forum registration must be submitted no later than 31 March 2017
Participant package includes the following benefits:
– Ability to present up to 3 projects (duration of each presentation should not exceed 20 minutes)
– One pass to the Forum, evening receptions and gala dinner
– Publication of presenter’s profile in the forum catalogue and website.
– The use of the conference room, equipped with a screen, a projector, a sound system and simultaneous translation into English.
– Video recording of the presentation
– Publication of the project in the post-event report
- Setting up expert group – ends 15 March
- Registration of projects proposed for the presentation – ends 31 March
- Coaching presenters (assistance in the preparation of presentations)
- Project presentation announcement on the forum website – 31 March
- Presentation of the projects at the MineVenture session of the forum – 19 April
- Awards presentation – 20 April
- Publication presented projects in the forum materials – May 5th.