The 5th amateur photography competition “PROSPECTOR. MINER. METALLURGIST” is being organised alongside the Forum with the view
to project mineral wealth and diversity of Central Asia’s mining and metals industry as it is seen by people working at the mining and metallurgical enterprises.
Local and international amateur photographers are invited to submit for the competition their works related to geological exploration, mining and metallurgy in Central Asia.
The winners will receive valuable prizes at the Awards Ceremony to be held during the Gala dinner on 21 April 2016 in Astana.
- Presentation of the mineral wealth and diversity of Central Asia’s mining and metals industry by amateur photographers working in the region;
- Offering amateur photographers an open platform for exhibiting their works to wide international audiences and receiving peer recognition;
- Increasing public awareness of the mining industry’s increasing role in Central Asia’s socio-economic development and sustaining environmental balance
- “My Mine” – Industrial Landscape
- “Mining Machinery and Technologies” – Industrial composition
- “Caring for the Environment” – Industrial landscape or composition
- “Ores and Minerals” – Free genre composition
- “Proud to be Miner” – Individual or group portrait
VERIFICATION, SELECTION AND WINNER SELECTION
Stage 1 – competition entry and verification (from 11 January 2016 to 15 March 2016)
Stage 2 – Winners’ awards presentation (21 April 2016 at Gala Dinner)